Small Firm Attention. Big Firm Results. 
Text Us: 404-812-4300
Student Visas

Types of Student Visas

There are a few different types of student visas available for foreign born students. The type of visa that you need will depend on the type of institution you are attending and your intended course of study. Our student visa lawyers in Atlanta use their extensive knowledgeable of immigration law to help students obtain non-immigrant student visas.

Our attorneys guide clients through the process of obtaining:

  • F1 Visas – Issued for study or research at an accredited college, university, high school, or other approached academic organizations
  • J1 Visas – For participating in work and study-based exchange visitor program, and often used for medical and business training
  • M1 Visas – Issued for students pursing a course of study at a vocational school or non-academic institution

The specific requirements for each type of student visa vary. However, each requires that applicants are fluent in English, have sufficient funds to cover their education and living expenses, and that the applicant intends to return to his or her home country after completion of their degree or course of study.