You probably know when you need an attorney to handle a legal situation. Usually if the stakes are high or matters get complicated with legalese, it is time to bring in a lawyer. However, how do you know if you have the right attorney for your case? The answer is a little trickier to figure out.
Consider these factors when choosing an attorney for your case:
- Experience: Real world experience is something that cannot be replaced. The more time an attorney has spent working in your case’s field, the more likely they will be able to overcome any challenges.
- Depth of knowledge: A legal professional who can prove their experience and knowledge through professional recognitions is worthy of your attention. Look for an attorney who has been awarded by trusted organizations like Avvo, The National Trial Lawyers, and Super Lawyers®, for example.
- Track record of success: No matter how good a lawyer looks on paper and how eloquently they speak to you, so much of their value to you as a client comes down to whether or not they actually have what it takes to end your case optimally. See if you can find an attorney with an established history of success.
- Testimonials: Just like with any other business out there, a law firm’s services can usually be accurately assessed through testimonials from past clients. After all, the people who know an attorney’s capabilities the best are those who have already worked with them.
- Trial representation: You might be surprised to find that many law firms and lawyers do not take cases to trial. The moment a settlement or negotiation falls through is the same moment many legal professionals put down a case, excuse themselves, and leave. You should try to find a law firm that confidently offers to take cases to trial, when the need arises.
At Ross & Pines, our team of immigration, personal injury, and criminal defense attorneys have more than 100 collective years of legal experience, a history of successful case results, and a backing from positive client testimonials. We are here to make certain your case resolves in your favor and as best it can, whether you need to pursue damages, protect your rights, or enter the country for employment. When the other side of your case or claim does not want to cooperate or settle, we are always ready to take the matter to court for litigation on your behalf, too.
Learn more about Ross & Pines and our services by calling (888) 838-4858 or contacting us online now.